Pinay Beauty Queen with Alopecia was Featured on a US TV Show


Share



One of the major title winners of 'Miss Philippines Earth - USA' Angelica Galindez was featured on the US TV show 'Extra.'

Angelica Galindez, who was crowned as Miss Philippines Water (USA) was diagnosed with alopecia when she was 12 years old. By the time she was in high school, she'd lost nearly all of her hair.

Galindez was accepted into the pageant based on a picture of her wearing a wig, according to a press release from Bradford Adkins, the event's producer. It was her first time entering a beauty pageant. But prior to competing, she had one question for organizers: "Can I not wear my wig?"

Fortunately, they said yes.

"I wasn't into pageants. At first, I entered for myself, to boost my own self-esteem," she told The Huffington Post in an interview. "But it soon became more about spreading awareness about both alopecia and environmental issues, which I'm passionate about, too."

The 19-year-old will now move on to the pageant's national-level competition in April.

"It proved to me that beauty is in any shape or form. If you want to do something, go for it," she told HuffPost. "Every day will make me stronger."

The taped pageant will air on Sunday, November 17 on The Filipino Channel and The LifeStyle Network.

Read the full articles from Huffingtonpost

Angelica will now move on as one of the official candidates of 'Miss Earth Philippines 2014' in April.

'Extra' also featured the beauty pageant. Watch it below!



Follow me on Twitter @byxspeaks. Like my Facebook Fan Page

For events and ads, just contact me at thisisbyx.speaks@gmail.com. Thanks for loving my blog! xX

0 Comments

Leave a comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails


LATEST COMMENTS